Parents of Room 112, If you have questions or concerns about work that you see your child bringing home please feel free to email me. Our writing assignments are largely being saved in class for a bigger project later. What you see sent home each Friday is just a sample of smaller assignments.
- Snack donations are welcome all the time. Thanks to those of you who have already contributed.
- Our first field trip is coming up. Let me know if you would like to chaperone. Please return the payment and trip slip as soon as possible.
- Please pay the $85 student fee.
- Please join the PTO for $30 per family. The PTO supports our school in so many ways!
- Please remind your child to return the Friday Letter Journal each Monday. It has been wonderful to see the children communicating with you around what happens weekly in the classroom.
This week we will read Stella Lunna and will study vocabulary and themes from the text. Students will discuss character traits, major events in the story and the author’s purpose or lesson.
The students will continue to write daily. We will begin a brief “author’s chair share” as time allows in which students will read their writing to the group voluntarily.
This week, we will continue with unit 2. Students will use 10 frames and play two-fisted penny to identify facts with sums of 10.
We will look closely at patterns in the sky, specifically the movement of the sun. We will explore what the word “orbit” means
We will discuss family traditions and celebrations including a comparison of Halloween and Dia de los Muertos