Happy Indigenous People’s Day!! (What I would like to see us change Columbus Day title to)
A special note for room 112:
I have had a few parents enquire about the samples of work I am sending home on Fridays. The students are doing daily writing that I am saving to make into a book. That work is not sent home. If the work sent has marks on it from me it has been entered as a grade. If not it is likely a product considered, but not officially graded. My thinking is that this work should still be seen by the families. I hope you all are enjoying what the children are saying about their school experiences. Please let me know if you have questions.
- Snack donations are welcome all the time. Thanks to those of you who have already contributed.
- Our first field trip is coming up. Let me know if you would like to chaperone.
- Please pay the $85 student fee.
- Please join the PTO for $30 per family. The PTO supports our school in so many ways!
- Please remind your child to return the Friday Letter Journal each Monday. It has been wonderful to see the children communicating with you around what happens weekly in the classroom.
all, does, here, me, my, who
This week we will read Scarecrow and will study vocabulary and themes from the text. Students will discuss character traits, major events in the story and the author’s purpose or lesson.
The students will continue to write daily. We will begin a brief “author’s chair share” as time allows in which students will read their writing to the group voluntarily.
This week, we will continue with unit 2. Students will use 10 frames and play two-fisted penny to identify facts with sums of 10.
We will look closely at patterns in the sky, specifically the movement of the sun. We will explore what the word “orbit” means
This week we will discuss family needs and wants and how this varies from family to family with some things in common.