- Please remember to have your child wear gym shoes on Mondays and Thursdays.
- The first PTO meeting is this Tuesday, 9/26 at 6pm. Pizza and childcare provided. Please attend.
- Please consider volunteering in the lunchroom, if you can’t make a weekly commitment.
- Children are permitted to have “sports lid” water bottles in the classroom.
- Please pay the $85 student fee.
- Please join the PTO for $30 per family. The PTO supports our school in so many ways!
- Please remind your child to return the Friday Letter Journal each Monday. It has been wonderful to see the children communicating with you around what happens weekly in the classroom.
Sight Words: with, his, they, at, be
Children will be assessed monthly on word recognition only. Please have your child practice spelling these words if they can already read the words.
This week we will read Harry the Dirty Dog and will study vocabulary and themes from the text. Students will discuss character traits, major events in the story and the author’s purpose or lesson.
VOCABULARY OF THE WEEK: chute, furious, dash, scrub
Students are writing to an authentic writing prompts daily (generated by something they bring up in class or associated to something we are covering in class) focusing on stretching out unknown words, work spacing and punctuation. We will work on listening to a partner share and also using the ABC chart and word wall for spelling.
This week, we will continue with unit 2. Students will use 10 frames and play two-fisted penny to identify facts with sums of 10. We will have an exploration day on Wednesday and will play subtraction BINGO, rock, paper, scissors and tally items in the classroom.
We will look closely at patterns in the sky, specifically the movement of the sun. I will also assess what students already know about the phases of the moon
We will discuss different types of families and the people who make them up. We will share what we like to do with our families and where our families live.
|Math sheet Sight word sheet read 10 mins||Math sheet Sight word sheet read 10 mins||Math sheet Sight word sheet read 10 mins
|Math sheet Sight word sheet read 10 mins||Friday Letter Notebooks
( Please write back)
Read 10 minutes