Parents please be aware there are school code requirements for clothing. Be sure your child’s clothing could not cause a distraction or disruption. The folllowing is an example of what some other schools have deemed a distraction.
- Skirts, dresses and shorts must reach to 3 inches above the knees.
- A tunic or top that reaches 3 inches above the knees must be worn with leggings, jeggings, yoga pants or tights.
- Tank top straps must be 2 inches wide and does not show any undergarments.
- Midriffs must be covered at all times.
- Students are not allowed to wear flip-flops or slippers, sagging pants
- Inappropriate items; clothing portraying violence, drugs, alcohol, gangs, obscenities, or things that are offensive to others
This week we will continue our home work assignments just as last week, with math and reading.
Be on the look out for a summer work suggestion packet.
Remember to consistently speak to your second grader about what they can expect in their summer routine. We all respond well to routine and sometimes the unknown can be anxiety provioking. Knowing they will be at a specific camp or on a specific vacation with the family helps them look forward to the transition away from the structure the school day has provided all year.