Folks, Be aware that students have been assigned a research project due between May 23rd to the 27th. Late projects will NOT be accepted. If you have questions please be sure to ask prior to the dates mentioned.
- We invite parents to consider presenting a brief 10 talk about a special place on the globe. We have already heard a bit about Italy and we will hear about China and Germany this week.
- Our final field trip needs chaperons. Check with your child’s teacher for details
Walk-a-Thon: Friday, May 20th
Asian Heritage Assembly: Friday, May 27th
57th Street Arts Fair: Friday, June 3 – Sunday, June 5
Picnic: Tuesday, June 21
Please contribute snack.
It has come to our attention that some children are still missing many writing application assignments from the homework assignments. Please look for a separate note regarding assignments. If your child is behind (has turned in few assignments) please support them in getting caught up. Otherwise expect to see a large dip in writing grades.
- Read daily 15 minute minimum 7 days (track on the contract due Mon)
- Math Home link (make it more challenging for your child as needed)
- Word study: daily practice sight words for improved reading fluency (5 days)
- Writing Application: Mon plan, Tues draft, Wed revise, Thurs edit, Fri submit
Writing Application Choices:
Choice #1: Space Talk
Write a story about what it might be like to live in space.
Choice #2: Tool Talk
Write about some tools you know how to use.
Sight words: above, enough, falling, happened, lived, loved, should, sorry, want, while