Walk-a-Thon: Friday, May 20th
Asian Heritage Assembly: Friday, May 27th
57th Street Arts Fair: Friday, June 3 – Sunday, June 5
Picnic: Tuesday, June 21
- We invite parents to consider presenting a brief 10 talk about a special place on the globe. We have already heard a bit about Italy and we will hear about China and Germany this week.
- Ms. Sheridan needs volunteers to help put year end books together.
- Our final field trip needs chaperons.
Please contribute snack
Please provide your child with a water bottle with sport lid.
Our next 7 weeks will focus on getting ready for 3rd grade. In science we are studying living things (insects). In math we are doing a unit on geometry (shapes) and double digit addition and subtraction. Please be sure to be practicing at home every day.
- Read daily 15 minute minimum 7 days (track on the contract due Mon)
- Math Home link (make it more challenging for your child as needed)
- Word study: daily practice sight words for improved reading fluency (5 days)
- Writing Application: Mon plan, Tues draft, Wed revise, Thurs edit, Fri submit
Writing Application Choices:
Choice #1: A description
Write a description of a Dinosaur bone you have seen at a museum or in a book.
Choice #2: Write an essay about what you think it might be like to be a scientist.
Sight words: buy, called, even, father, maybe, outside, tomorrow, town, water, where