Wow, Spring Break is upon us! We wish you all a restful and fulfilling break. Be sure your child reads every day over the break. Students who are not reading every day tend to fall behind their peers.
Wednesday is parent conference day. It is a non-attendance day for students. Ms. Clement and Ms. Sheridan will be on the play lot Monday and Tuesday before and after school with a sign up schedule for the parent meetings. Each meeting is only 10minutes long. If your family needs more time they will need to schedule a separate meeting for a future date. Thank you for your understanding.
Wednesday is also the time to elect a new Local School Council. Please take the time to become familiar with the folks who are running, and be ready to cast your vote.
Please contribute a snack for us this week.
Memorial for Ms. Green: In loving memory of Mrs. Rachael Green, a staff and family potluck will be held from
3:45-4:15. Directly after the potluck, a short dedication ceremony will take place outside the cafeteria.
- PTA Events: (Be sure to ask a PTA board member about how you can help out)
- Book Fair (in the library): Whole school between Monday, April 11 – April 15
- Walk-a-Thon: Friday, May 20th
- Asian Heritage Assembly: Friday, May 27th
- 57th Street Arts Fair: Friday, June 3 – Sunday, June 5
- Picnic: Tuesday, June 21
- Read daily 15 minute minimum 7 days (track on the contract due Mon)
- Math Home link (make it more challenging for your child as needed)
- Word study: daily practice sight words for improved reading fluency (5 days)
- Writing Application: Mon plan, Tues draft, Wed revise, Thurs edit, Fri submit
Writing Application Choices:
Choice #1: S Sports Report
Pretend you are a school sports reporter. Write about a big game that took place this week.
Choice #2: Winning Words
Pretend you are a famous sports star. Write a thank-you speech for a prize you have won. Tell about yourself and your sport.
Sight words: ball, done, hear, learn, leaves, only, our, through, were, young